Following are the key issues discussed and decisions made at the Nov. 10, 2008 Senior Staff meeting: Continue reading
Following are the key issues discussed and decisions made at the Oct. 14, 2008 Senior Staff meeting: Continue reading
Following are the key issues discussed and decisions made at the Sept. 30, 2008 Senior Staff meeting:
Following are the key issues discussed and decisions made at the Sept. 25, 2008 Senior Staff meeting:
Representatives from CARLI , CARLI members that are ARL libraries, and the Newberry Library met at the Daley Library Sept. 23, to discuss a pilot project to insure last copy print retention in Illinois libraries. More details will be available as CARLI develops a process for the print retention projecy
The Library’s Development Board meets on Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2008, in the Daley Library.
The Library has raised $5.662 million in the campaign that began in 2003. The Library’s campaign goal is $15.425 million by June 30, 2011. The campus campaign status report is available for viewing.
If you have questions about any of these items, please send an email to Jessica Canlas.
Following are the key issues discussed and decisions made at the Sept. 16, 2008 Senior Staff meeting:
- The Library will explore a joint contract with the UIUC Library to sell unwanted gift books through Better World Books.
- For academic year 2008/09, the faculty entry-level position minimum salary will be $47,000.
- All colleges and campus units are compiling briefing documents for chancellor-designate Paula Allen-Meares. Senior staff is working on the Library’s document, including a two-page fact sheet and detailed data on collections, staff, strategic initiatives, and facilities.
If you have questions about any of these items, please e-mail
to Jessica Canlas.
Following are the key issues discussed at the Jan. 29 Senior Staff meeting:
- Joan Fiscella and Joan Schuitema briefed Senior Staff about meetings at ALA about the CIC Google project. The outstanding issues for the UIC Library are what special collections to put forward for digitization; getting all of our bibliographic records to Google for analysis; how we would stage the shipment of material; what our messages to users will be when we send portions of our collections to Google. Joan Fiscella is leading the Library’s working group that is finding the answers to these questions. The first shipments to Google from any CIC library probably are estimated to begin in July 2008. Selection from UIC’s collection and scheduling for UIC has not yet been determined by Google.
- Senior Staff reviewed a draft of a document on our current policy and future considerations for utilizing warehouse and closed-stacks storage for materials. Steering Committee will discuss the document at its February meeting.
- Senior Staff worked on a draft of its highest priorities for 2008, as these fit into our strategic plan. Senior Staff will share these with the Steering Committee for discussion at the February meeting.
Following are key issues discussed at the Jan. 22 Senior Staff meeting:
1. The Report of the Library Accessible for All Task Force (November 2007), submitted to Mary Case, will be posted on the staff pages of the Library’s Web site. An implementation committee, appointed by the University Librarian, will develop a plan for carrying out the recommendations in the report.
2. The University Librarian will contact library faculty eligible for the University of Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians.
3. Senior Staff discussed strategies for improving the reliability of public computers.