LibGuides Workshop & Cleanup Sessions
The LibGuides Admins group invites you to participate in one of two LibGuides workshops (both include the same content).
- Tuesday, August 15, 10:30 a.m. – noon, IDEA Commons Teaching Classroom
- Wednesday, August 16, 1:30 – 3 p.m., LHS-Chicago Room 123 & Online (via Adobe Connect)
The session is 1.5 hours, and most of this will be hands on time for you to review your guides and get them ready for the Fall semester.
Members of the LibGuides admins team will be on hand for questions and demonstrations.
A brief session at the beginning will cover a review checklist, best practices, and tips for checking statistics, using the new databases by subject feature, and more.
New features for the Library Directory
The new People section of the website includes pages for subject librarians, faculty and staff, as well as filters for:
- Liaison subject areas
- Liaison colleges and departments*
- Office locations
- Library department
Take a look at your information. If you would like to request any changes, please email email@example.com.
*Note: There is a known bug in the Colleges filter, which will be resolved in the next update in September. Some departments aren’t displaying under their colleges.
Web Content Review
The Web Content Team is finishing up an extensive web content review, and you may notice changes across our website. Updates will be completed by Wednesday, August 9th.
If there are pages you use in instruction or in online tutorials, please revisit those pages.
Notable changes include:
- Retiring several web pages around citation styles and scholarly communications, and linking out to the LibGuides on those subjects instead;
- Retiring several pages with very low use;
- Retiring and editing Special Collections help pages;
- Formatting changes to the interlibrary loan page.
If you have any questions or requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.