Qualified applicants, please visit UIC Library Human Resources for job description and application instructions.
Students employed through the Student Employment Office during Summer 2007 must meet one of the following requirements:
• Completed at least the minimum part-time enrollment [six (6)] credit hours at the end of the Spring term;
• Are enrolled in and maintain at least the minimum part-time enrollment during the Summer term;
•Undergraduate and graduate students = (3) credit hours
•Students enrolled in the College of Dentistry, Medicine, and Pharmacy = five (5) credit hours
•Have been newly admitted to the university for the Fall term and intend to enroll in at least six(6) credit hours during that term. Incoming students can begin employment on May 29, 2007.
The results of the library faculty elections for FY08 are as follows:
(Newly elected with asterisk [*])
1. Appointments Committee
2. Executive Committee
Mary Case, chair
John Cullars*, faculty secretary
Sandy De Groote*
3. Faculty Development Allocations Committee
4. Lectures & Forums Committee
5. Nominations & Elections Committee
6. Teaching Support & Documentation Committee
National Student Employment Week – April 8-14, 2007: Recognizing student employee contributions.
National Library Week – April 15-21, 2007: A time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries, librarians and library workers and to promote library use and support.
National Library Workers Day (NLWD) – Tuesday, April 17, 2007 – A day to let everyone know who makes the library work – YOU! Let’s celebrate!
You can also submit a Star! Tell everyone what makes a library employee special by submitting your favorite worker’s name and why they are wonderful.
To celebrate our selection as Department of the Month, the Daley Library Reference Department cordially invites you to our Open House:
Date: Friday, 20 April 2007
Time: 10 a.m. – Noon
Place: Reference Office, 2nd floor, Daley Library
* Join us for refreshments in the office; take Annie Armstrong and Helen Georgas’ prize-winning online tutorial and see why our students like it so much.
* Correctly guess the number of reference questions the department answered in March 2007 to win 2 tickets to the movies.
* Answer three questions that day to win one of our special reference cookies. To claim your cookie, you have to give the right answers, but you must also give us the title of the reference book and the page number where you found the answer. No Googling allowed!
The University of Illinois at Chicago Library has posted two positions.
Qualified applicants please visit Library Human Resources for job descriptions and application instructions.
Sandra De Groote, Assistant Health Sciences Librarian/Peoria, accepted an additional appointment as Visiting Digital Publishing Librarian, effective April 16, 2007.
Mary Shultz, Assistant Health Sciences Librarian/Urbana, has been appointed Interim Health Sciences Librarian/LHS-Urbana, effective April 1, 2007
Ryan Rafferty, Visiting Assistant Health Sciences Librarian/Urbana, has accepted a 100% appointment, effective April 1, 2007.
Rachel Adams, Project Coordinator, Digital Imaging Archive, has resigned effective April 11, 2007.